Back to Standard Features >
Get Your 8x8 Virtual Office Phone Extension to Go...
on Your iPhone, iPad or Android Phone!
Make your business more mobile with the 8x8 Virtual Office Mobile app. Use your iPhone, iPad or Android phone to make and receive calls using your 8x8 Virtual Office service. Your Caller ID even displays your office phone number. This is one more way that 8x8 helps you streamline and unify your business communications. And it's now included at no extra charge with 8x8 Virtual Office!
How It Works
It's an app that you download to your mobile device. It works with the Android, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Sign in to the app with your 8x8 Virtual Office username and password, then start making and taking phone calls, just as if you were at your office.
- Your Caller ID shows up as your Virtual Office phone number
- Calls to your extension ring on your mobile phone and your office phone so you don't miss a thing
- Works with iPhone, iPod touch (earphones with mic required), iPad and Android phones.
- To view a video demonstration of Virtual Office Mobile on the iPad, click here.
Let's Get Mobile
If you have an 8x8 Virtual Office extension, you've got Virtual Office Mobile! Why not give it a spin?
- From your device, search for 8x8 Virtual Office in the iPhone AppStore or the Android Market
- Download the 8x8 Virtual Office Mobile app to your device.
- Enter your 8x8 login and password to activate the app.
- Start making calls!
Note: Not available with Basic or Shared-Line extensions.
- Save money—Make calls on your smartphone using your 8x8 calling plan so you save on long distance and international calls
- Save minutes—Doesn't use up your phone voice minutes
- Connect over 3G or WiFi—It's your choice
- Save on international roaming—Avoid data roaming charges when outside the US by turning off data roaming and using WiFi hotspots; and since your calls are charged under your 8x8 calling plan, you won't have international call roaming charges to deal with
- Make 3-way calls
- Put callers on hold
- Transfer calls
- Make calls from your mobile phone contacts list or your company directory
- Check your extension's voicemails
- One-button access voicemail, conference bridge, and auto-attendant
- Works over 3G or WiFi
- Works with iPhone OS 3.1 or later and Android 2.0 or later.
- Supports iPhone iOS 4 multitasking and background operation
(requires iOS 4 with iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 for multitasking/background feature)
Android Note: There are known audio issues with certain Samsung and HTC Android devices. If you are experiencing poor or choppy audio during a call, try disabling the screen proximity sensor by selecting Screen On in your Wireless settings. There is a known issue in the Android operating system on certain devices that will cause poor audio while the screen is off.
8x8 iPhone App
8x8 Android App
The Virtual Office Mobile app is super simple to use. See how now.
*Important VoIP over 3G Notice*
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. Be sure to check the terms of your agreement with your cellular phone carrier. 8x8 will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your cellular/mobile carrier for use of 8x8 Virtual Office Mobile service.
* Voice quality is subject to WiFi or 3G signal strength and available bandwidth *
Back to Standard Features >